Saturday 4 January 2014

How to Crack NET English Literature? , Ph 078-380-239-56

I have started this page with an honest intention of helping my mates to clear the UGC NET ENGLISH LITERATURE EXAM.  So I am planning to come up with a series of write ups based on my experience with this exam and how I cracked it and very confident of cracking this again.
First of all, what was the general feeling you had when you wrote this exam first? I believe you would have said, as if 'Questions were familiar had I studied well!' Believe me this is the feedback I always get from most of my students .
Most of the students do not know where to start and what to study. This is true, unlike most of the subjects English Literature is vast and wide to cover.
But still I would say you can clear it. How? Let me help you...
First of all remind yourself that you are writing an exam which is to standardize the "Lecturers in India". So it is a 'benchmark examination',  that will assess your knowledge not only in subject  but also in your language. Your writing skills, your speed, the way in which you express your thoughts and everything will be put into test.  Also this is the only major hurdle you will have to clear to get into your dream job.
As a Beginning my suggestions for Paper II and III are as follows,
1. Stick to the basics: "You would have heard this when Sreesanth experiments too much and gives away runs". Have you ever read a History Book of English  Literature ? If yes Have you ever taken small notes? Can you locate an author and his major works and the period in which he lived? If not start STUDYING immediately. I would suggest A History of English Literature by Arthur Compton-Rickett.  It is heavy but definitely worth reading. I like it because it has a special chapter on American Literature.
If you are too busy to read it please read English Literature: Its History and Significance by Long.  I like this book because it has got a lot of questions at the end of each chapters.
As an addition please also study An Outline History of English Literature By William Henry Hudson.
If you can do this thoroughly I would say almost 35% of the work is over.
Secondly, we come to the the most important book, which helps to score marks in Paper II and Paper III. It is  most familiar to you and you will have a copy of it. It is none other than A Glossary of Literary Terms by M.H. Abrams. This is not a reference book but a study book for NET aspirants. I Mean it. Unless and until you learn it by heart you are not going to clear NET.
Finally, before concluding this I would like you to study three more books. They are
1. An Introduction to English Criticism by B. Prasad
2. Beginning Theory by Peter Barry
3. A Background to the study of English Literature by B.Prasad.
These are the FOUNDATION for preparing this exam. Believe me. They are not the end. But if you are looking for a direction this will help you as a sign post. I have cleared by studying this. I have also helped many of my friends to clear NET with my advice and guidance.



Global Teachers Academy formally name as UGC NET D is an India’s Premier Institute in Delhi for UGC (JRF-NET-SLET) & Other University Entrance Examination. Established in 1978, was conceived with vision for quality education by eminent who are for long committed to excellence in education. 
GLOBAL TEACHERS ACADEMY
49-B, Arjun Nagar Safdarjung Enclave, New Delhi
Near Green Park Metro Station
contact no. ; Ph 078-380-243-65         Ph 078-380-239-56
we provide coaching for----
“ugc net jrf 1st compulsory paper”
“ugc net jrf English”
“ugc net jrf commerce”
“ugc net jrf management”
“ugc net jrf economics”
ugcnetd ugcnetd ugcnetd ugcnetd ugcnetd
“Ugc net jrf mass communication”
“ugc net jrf education”
“ugc net jrf history”
“ugc net jrf psychology”
“ugc net jrf hindi”
“ugc net jrf political science”
“ugc net jrf human resource”
“ugc net jrf library & information science”
“ugc net jrf computer scienc”
www.ugcnetd.com
www.gtah.net
www.csirlifescience.com
https://www.facebook.com/ugcnetcoachingdelhiindia
https://www.facebook.com/gtadh?ref=hl
https://www.facebook.com/ugcnetcoaching.delhi
http://in.linkedin.com/in/ugcnetcoaching
http://ugcnetcoachingugc.wordpress.com

No comments:

Post a Comment